You wouldn’t want a mechanic to wear a blindfold when changing oil in your car, or a stylist to look the other way while trimming your hair. It makes even more sense for your oral and maxillofacial specialist to have the clearest possible view of dental structures, for accurate diagnosis and effective treatment. Stevenson, Fairchild & Surber OMS use leading-edge 3D imaging technology for procedures at their Valparaiso & Merrillville, IN offices.
About the instruments
This state-of-the art equipment exceeds the capabilities of a traditional CT scanner. Three-dimensional cone beam technology delivers high-resolution anatomical detail, with many options in field of view, including panoramic and tight focus. That reduces need for return visits for more pictures. This type of imaging creates minimal exposure to radiation for the patient; even less than other digital x-ray and scanning systems, because it hones-in on the area of concern.
We use these pictures, viewed on a computer monitor, to discuss diagnosis and treatment options with the patient. Digital files are easily shared with other healthcare practitioners, for a collaborative team approach to care, or with insurance providers to expedite benefits.
The many uses for 3D dental imaging in Valparaiso & Merrillville, IN
Our 3D dental imaging system gives the surgeons at Stevenson, Fairchild & Surber OMS the ability to perform a wide rate of services with great accuracy and confidence:
- Bone grafting and sinus lift, with exact view of proximity to sinus cavity. Grafting may be recommended to make dental implants feasible.
- Computer-modeled dental implant planning and computer-guided implant placement. Precision is critical to an efficient procedure and long-term success of the implant.
- Corrective surgery to realign jaws and resolve functional and appearance issues.
- Extractions, with no guesswork regarding location of delicate nerves.
- Facial trauma reconstruction – external and intraoral soft tissues injuries, bone fractures, and dental damage.
- Pre-prosthetic surgery, preparing the mouth for optimal denture fit.
- Repositioning impacted canines as a healthy alternative to extraction.
At Stevenson, Fairchild & Surber OMS, our goal is to provide you with a positive treatment experience and the best possible outcome. Schedule a consultation to learn more about the role of 3D dental imaging in that strategy. The number for Valparaiso is (219) 307-4382 and Merrillville phone number is (219) 600-5797.